BTA balled up completely during daylight hours.

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I bought a BTA last Saturday and ever since it completely balls up during daylight hours underneath an overhang. I am assuming it has something to do with my lighting? I just scaled the blues and uv to like 10% and the white to like 20%. When I leave for work in the morning at like 7am before the lights come on he is opened up.

alysak6075

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they take a week at least to get used to things. I wouldnt worry about it. If its uncomfortable it will move

OP
OP
Budman93

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they take a week at least to get used to things. I wouldnt worry about it. If its uncomfortable it will move
Thanks ive never owned one so kind of winging it. Should I just switch back to my regular schedule you think or run lower levels until he starts opening up then gradually increase?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ive never owned one so kind of winging it. Should I just switch back to my regular schedule you think or run lower levels until he starts opening up then gradually increase?
Keeping parameters in range and stable and a mature system is the important part. Lighting should be acclimated and increased slowly to desired levels.

My bta sit right under kessil 360s turned almost all the way up. As long as you increase slowly, they can take a ton of light.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back