BTA feeding

ducati1212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a healthy looking bubble tip Anemone in my tank for about 3 weeks now.

I am not feeding him anything special. I do aim some frozen mysis and other normal frozen food over him at normal feeding. I have no idea if he eats it.

Am I supposed to be feeding him special? I go on vaca for a week tomorrow with just auto feeder so he wont even be getting the frozen turkey baster food

Thoughts?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a healthy looking bubble tip Anemone in my tank for about 3 weeks now.

I am not feeding him anything special. I do aim some frozen mysis and other normal frozen food over him at normal feeding. I have no idea if he eats it.

Am I supposed to be feeding him special? I go on vaca for a week tomorrow with just auto feeder so he wont even be getting the frozen turkey baster food

Thoughts?
Just leave this for the BTA while youre gone. he'll keep busy

1566083448016.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
As Katrina stated, no need to worry. They need clean water and moderate lighting moreso. If you have clowns in the tank, they always run at feeding to the anemone and the particles they expel while eating will land in the nem. I feed mine once a week to assure nutrients but Not necessary

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed if you want faster growth, dont feed if you want slow growth. Either works provided sufficient light.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not need to feed them at all. They are photosynthetic. Just feed your fish and they will grab a piece of mysis every now and then

OP
OP
D

ducati1212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clown he ignores it. I have a cleaner shrimp sit and pick food out of him and I just wanted a wrass swim into him and grab some food.

FragileReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No feedings needed. They will catch pellets or flakes or fish poo. Enjoy your week away.

Amboss72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t worry about it for the time your gone. I personally have many types of nems. My carpet nems are voracious eaters and won’t hesitate to take down anything unfortunate enough to land upon them. I do feed my rbta ‘s. I agree with everything everyone else has mentioned but I’ve had great success with giving these guys some krill once a week. If they don’t want it they’ll simply refuse to eat it. A nem your size may like something like zooplankton pushed its direction Clownfish also seem to have an innate understanding of how to take care of their hosting nem. On the flip side I’ve seen clownfish also eliminate nems they want gone.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back