BTA Looking Sad

Indytab99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! My poor BTA is not looking good. I found a couple pieces of it on the floor in the sand yesterday. It attached itself to the, looks deflated and it’s mouth is slightly open. Got up at 2 am and my tank is cloudy. The tentacles look a little shorter too. Also I suddenly got brown algae grown overnight. I did buy some snails and frags this past weekend. I have only two little clown fish in the tank as well. I’m a new reefer. Please help!

Solution
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to welcome you, I don't keep nems but have always been under the impression that you should never introduce a nem to a new tank. I'm not sure how to help. Good luck.

ZomboMeme 18042021102127.jpg
I appreciate your kind thoughts!

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! My poor BTA is not looking good. I found a couple pieces of it on the floor in the sand yesterday. It attached itself to the, looks deflated and it’s mouth is slightly open. Got up at 2 am and my tank is cloudy. The tentacles look a little shorter too. Also I suddenly got brown algae grown overnight. I did buy some snails and frags this past weekend. I have only two little clown fish in the tank as well. I’m a new reefer. Please help!
Welcome to reef2reef!!!!!
8484A35B-C4B2-4EE7-9D03-E88953F3A101.gif

Upvote 0

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this is the Meet and Greet forum, you are going to get a lot of Hello's and Welcome's"and not as much direct help for your issue. Go ahead and start a new thread in the "Anemone and Clownfish" forum and you will get much more targeted help. We will get the nem properly ID'd as well.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

Indytab99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Thank you all for your tips and help. Sadly my poor anemone died this morning. She was just too far gone. I will learn from this and make sure I am prepared in the future. I’m sad.

Upvote 0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome! Glad you joined and sorry your anemone didn't make it. This hobby sometimes tests our BBA - Bounce Back Ability - but its a good life skill. Post #16 from vetteguy is comprehensive and he knows his stuff - I'd always defer to his wisdom.

This is a good reference book type online article I still sometimes review:

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

'start where you are, use what you have, do what you can' - Arthur Ashe, tennis player

Upvote 0

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Thank you all for your tips and help. Sadly my poor anemone died this morning. She was just too far gone. I will learn from this and make sure I am prepared in the future. I’m sad.

There are many of us here whom look forward to your future successes, and are ready to help you down that path. Always feel free to ask if you don't understand something. Like was mentioned previously, having a 'build thread' to chronicle your tank is a good asset to have, as it will often give us the info we need to give you the right advice. It's one of the first things I look for if somebody is asking for advice.

The first few months of running a reef tank can seem overwhelming, and sad moments happen to all of us. So don't be discouraged. You've already got the right mindset if you're willing to learn and grow as a reef keeper and I wish you the best of luck going forward.

Upvote 0
Back