BTA Moved

aloisspark

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
10
Location
Scottsboro
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I came into work today and noticed our nem had moved and I can not find him! When I left yesterday evening he was bubbled out and super big and his color was so pretty! Now, he's nowhere to be found. checked rocks, filter, pump all the nooks and crannies. I'm assuming he's shrunk into a hole in the rock. But was wondering if anyone has had this problem and how to get him back out. I did a 25% water change and cleaned the tank, could this be why he's hiding? I checked my parameters and they were about perfect, the only thing I noted was calcium was a little high, about 480.
 
Nems do whatever they want. They will usually move to a spot they are happy. Usually you just have to let it be and hope they find a good spot to settle. Things like light and flow that they don't like will cause them to move.
How new is the tank? What are your "perfect" parameters?

FWIW, I have a giant carpet nem that was in one spot, then one night decided to move 6 inches to the right behind some rocks. Been there ever since. It is what it is.
 
Mine do that all the time! Very annoying! In fact, my 2 BTAs split and now I have 6. Unfortunately, when they go looking for their "perfect" spot, they leave lots of casualties in their wake. Don't be surprised when they show up and they aren't where you want them to be.
 
Yep they will goes wherever. It’s in your tank somewhere. Don’t try to move it you might hurt or even kill it. Just make sure your wake makers are anemone proof
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new