BTA Not Looking Good

emilybell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received this bta today. It was packaged in a very small bag with most of the bag taken up by a rock. Everything in the bag, copepods, bristleworm, was dead. The water was cloudy and the anemone was totally deflated, oral disk appeared to be damaged from the rock, mouth open, could see light through the foot out the mouth and smelled horrible. It was also expelling zooxanthellae or some other brown sludge. Arrived in way worse condition than I’ve seen an anemone come in. I put it in an acclimation box in my tank to see if it would show any improvement although I’m not certain its not already dead. It’s not sticky at all and has made no movement or reaction to anything. I don’t think there’s any change since this morning and I don’t want it to harm my other btas. Does this guy have a chance of recovery? Thanks for your help!

105BADDC-0D2B-490B-976B-E111B587D484.jpeg 5AF046BC-C9F3-4AB1-B18C-3B4410983005.jpeg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a refund for that ! Does not look good

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a chance it can comeback, I would def let the seller know to get a refund tho. This looks like it would need the cipro treatment

OP
OP
emilybell1

emilybell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking it might need a cipro treatment. I ordered some and it was supposed to arrive today but has been delayed until Tuesday. I’m not sure if it’s worth the risk leaving it in the tank until then. I did email the seller right away when it arrived but haven’t heard back yet.

Back