BTA ok with Nitrates at 30-40

  • Thread starter Thread starter g6gang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

g6gang

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2014
Messages
272
Reaction score
25
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been thinking about getting my first BTA but have not been able to get my Nitrates under 30. Rest of Params

Dkh:9
Calck: 480
Ph: 8.1
S.g: 1.024

Should I hold off until I can maintain a lower Nitrate reading consistently?
 
Depends on where you get the BTA.

Try to acquire one that is housed in similar values. Most LFS are not keeping their nitrates below 30.

I have kept BTA in softie tank with a nitrate value of 30 without issue.
 
I wouldn't keep any anemones in elevated No3 levels. Just get them down.
 
I had my nitrates at 140 and my RBTA was happy :D <----- Don't ask me how
 
mine stay at about 25 and all my BTA are open and colorful and nice.
 
Thanks for feedback..I know I need to get it down in general. I have not been able to solve this riddle yet for nitrates and tried all usual suspects. I am about two weeks into trying Seachem DeNitrate plus water changes to see if that will do it for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new