BTA refuses to fix itself

Kayzah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I added a BTA last evening (8 hours ago). My powerheads I've been off since then. And I put the Sunny mode of my LED lighting, the strongest mode (EVERGROW IT5040).

I was hoping it to find a good spot and to fix itself, but with no avail.

My clownfish already hosted, and now they are inseparable. But the BTA is not fixed yet.

I'm worried because I have to go to work in a couple of hours, and I'm not comfortable with the idea of turning the powerheads on knowing that the BTA is not fixed. It will just fly all over the place all day long.

Can I go another day with the powerheads off?

I just have these to guys in the tank, the clown fish and the BTA, nothing else.

And what might be the cause of it? I also noticed it releasing some kind of cotton like stuff from its tantacles or mouth.

Thank you in advance

IMG_20180419_053150.jpg

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a newly cycled tank and they can move for days at a time before settling down.

OP
OP
Kayzah

Kayzah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is a newly cycled tank.

I forgot to mention that is doesn't neither. It is still at the place where I put it and it doesn't move neither does it fix.

It seems to be fluffy and colorful, my clownfish is enjoying it. But at the same time it is completely inactive. It doesn't to respond nor react to anything.

ChadLo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is a newly cycled tank.

I forgot to mention that is doesn't neither. It is still at the place where I put it and it doesn't move neither does it fix.

It seems to be fluffy and colorful, my clownfish is enjoying it. But at the same time it is completely inactive. It doesn't to respond nor react to anything.
Tried using a coral feeder to feed it some brine? I'd see if it will eat.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back