Bubble Algae vs SPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter JAMSOURY
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2017
Messages
1,429
Reaction score
455
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Having a bubble algae explosion, can the bubble algae kill or cause sps to recede if they come in contact with each other? Let me know your experience!
 
Having a bubble algae explosion, can the bubble algae kill or cause sps to recede if they come in contact with each other? Let me know your experience!

I have never had that happen. However, bubble is a pain for me and near impossible to get rid of. The only thing that ever worked for me was using Vibrant. Might be worth a shot if you lose the battle.
 
I have never had that happen. However, bubble is a pain for me and near impossible to get rid of. The only thing that ever worked for me was using Vibrant. Might be worth a shot if you lose the battle.
Agree! Vibrant worked for me. Only thing is, I think there was a hidden bubble under a rock and it spiked another outbreak

just wondering also, say if there is bubble algae at the base of the sps, is the sps strong enough to boot the bubble algae out of the way, or would it just be forced to go around it
 
Bubble algae can outgrow acropora, shade it and cover it. Normally it will just start to grow over the base causing it to die back in patches. But I have seen it get stuck in branches and cause issues that way too.
 
Vibrant is actually making the bubbles go black...easier to see and remove, but also worrisome. And yes...I'm hypervigilant about trying to keep it off my acros. My zoas don't care for it, either. (Sanjay's Concord Grape in pic)

1600873062526178573657253685945.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new