Bubble Algae?

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
2,722
Reaction score
609
Location
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i pretty sure this is bubble algae,but whats the best way to get it off,I can take this Brain out also
 

Attachments

  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 211
Take it out try to cut under the base of the algae. Try not to pop them. Rinse to get any small pieces off.
 
A 5 gal bucket and siphon hose works for bubble algae , I had a real bad case of red bubble algae and used this method , but I also bought a foxface and did a better job of removing ALL of the bubble algae . No More bubbles in my tank !
 
A 5 gal bucket and siphon hose works for bubble algae , I had a real bad case of red bubble algae and used this method , but I also bought a foxface and did a better job of removing ALL of the bubble algae . No More bubbles in my tank !

This is in the 30g frag tank,I really need to get something in there just in case
 
If you can remove the rock to perform following do so. You can get under the base and twist them off in one piece. Then I scrape and rinse the area they where attached to and reinsert into tank. This gets any left over residue. You can do the same in tank but be careful and have siphon hose going just in case. If it is a frag tank, removal of the frag or rock is best. Hope this helps. Good luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new