OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again mileage is always going to very depending on individuals. I had the ugliest fox face on the face of the planet. Not a one’ spot not a two spot, not a magnificent it was just a smudge spot. Which sit under the frag rack flashing is dorsal fins or anybody that came near him waiting for me to feed him. Never saw him graze one time.
mileage will vary
I’m aware that every individual is different and there is no guarantee. I just plan on trying to encourage the foxface to act the way I want. Time will tell if it works or not.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a puzzle... I have heard comments like yours often, could be genetic populations, or subspecies that have different behaviors -
I have received them from KP Aquatics and LFS and have had success
bit of an update. I decided to get a banggai for the new tank and at the same time decided to pick up two new emerald crabs. Dropped one in the new tank and the other one in the tank where there is bubble algae. Within an hour, I saw the new crab munching on the algae! I was so proud... but then he stopped. hopefully he continues to make progress. The other two emeralds I have in the tank dont care about the bubble algae. So it must be a toss up

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bit of an update. I decided to get a banggai for the new tank and at the same time decided to pick up two new emerald crabs. Dropped one in the new tank and the other one in the tank where there is bubble algae. Within an hour, I saw the new crab munching on the algae! I was so proud... but then he stopped. hopefully he continues to make progress. The other two emeralds I have in the tank dont care about the bubble algae. So it must be a toss up
oh great, filled him up - did you sex them?
good luck with Banggai!!

hans4811

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tomini never touches the nori and I’m sure my purple tang would be fine without it for about a week so I will try that first. I will also ask John at reefcleaners about getting large emeralds next time I place an order.
Currently when I do remove the bubble algae I have a large metal straw attached to a piece of tubing. I just start a siphon and let it go into a filter sock in my sump. It works really well but I’m lazy and don’t do it as often as I should.
That’s exactly what I do, with the straw. I had an infestation of it and like you had rocks that couldn’t be moved because of coral. I just kept at it whenever I saw any and it’s taken me months, but I think I’ve finally conquered it. Also been working on bringing my nutrients down.

About the only place I see it now is on trochus snails and I’ll grab those and get my exacto knife !

Good luck and persevere…you’ll get em.

Back