Bubble Blaster 5000 Skimmer Pump (HY-5000S) - replacement

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dexter_SA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dexter_SA

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2019
Messages
74
Reaction score
33
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know if there is a cheaper option out there to replace a Bubble Blaster 5000 skimmer pump with? My pump packed up and looking for a replacement
 
I used a 3000 version of this to replace my bubble blaster 3000 and it works great. I imagine the 4000 would work ok for you, but definitely a bit underpowered. That assumes you have the "ext" version. If you have INT version then I think have to be much more careful of dimensions and I have no idea if those would work.

https://reefbreeders.com/shop/coral-box-dca-skimmer-pumps/
 
Any pump around the same dimensions and output should work.
Depends on the fit up and such.
I've replaced pumps in the past with sicce pumps
D

Sicce are nice pumps but even if they had something in the size range of the bubble blaster 5000 it would not be a money saving alternative.
 
i would highly recommend convert skimmer to venturi if thats an option . I did that to my atb cone skimmer now its a dual venturi running off an old panworld pump i had laying around.
 
Sorry forgot to mention....Skimmer itself is the reef octopus 5000 internal version
 
i would highly recommend convert skimmer to venturi if thats an option . I did that to my atb cone skimmer now its a dual venturi running off an old panworld pump i had laying around.
What venturi did you use?
 
i would highly recommend convert skimmer to venturi if thats an option . I did that to my atb cone skimmer now its a dual venturi running off an old panworld pump i had laying around.
Sorry I have no idea what you talking about. You maybe have a pic?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new