Bubble coral not looking so hot...

Millsaps2378

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I just purchased this bubble coral online and only one side has inflated fully. One side has been looking great and the bubble next to it has been looking great. Any ideas on how to save this guy? It's about 5 inches and I would really rather not have to cut it in half if I don't have to.
1685851217522.png

OP
OP
Millsaps2378

Millsaps2378

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you dipped it? I don’t think cutting it in half is a solution
No i havent done anything to it yet. I put it in the tank about a week ago and the left side puffed up the next day but the right side hasn't puffed up at all since i got it. I thought since it was new to the tank that i might just leave it alone and see how it does but no progress yet. I wasn't going to cut it unless all the polyps bailed out on the right side but was hoping to save it before i had to

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the entire Bubble inflated at the store? Did the person who picked up and bagged your coral possibly damage the side not opening up?
do you have any coral nearby that could sting it?
is your water flow pretty consistent in that area. High laminar water flow could do that to corals.

OP
OP
Millsaps2378

Millsaps2378

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the entire Bubble inflated at the store? Did the person who picked up and bagged your coral possibly damage the side not opening up?
do you have any coral nearby that could sting it?
is your water flow pretty consistent in that area. High laminar water flow could do that to corals.
I actually got it online from a site that i have gotten most of my corals from and they always show up in pretty good shape. In the couple pics i saw it was fully expanded. The only thing close to it is another bubble coral but they are spaced out enough that they do not touch and it is in a consistent medium/low flow spot. The bubble right next to it has looked great since the day i got it

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back