Bubble Magus Curve 9 - Not dialing in

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ugin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ugin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2020
Messages
256
Reaction score
559
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I have the Bubble Magus Curve 9 (the older one) and no matter what I do it doesn't seem like the bubbles will go high enough to produce skimmate.

According to the specs, they want between 9-11" depth and my skimmer chamber is set to 10.5". I've tried having the adjustment valve set to MAX and MIN and in both cases the issue is the same.

Does anyone have experience dialing the Curve 9 in?
 
The biggest problem I’ve seen people have with the curve skimmers is not plugging the second hole in the skimmer housing with the red plastic plug. Can you confirm that you have done this and there isn’t any holes in your skimmer housing that aren’t blocked by either the pump inlet or a plastic plug?
 
Whelp, that might be the problem. No, it is not plugged. The unit was used and there isn't a whole lot of instructions online. I figured it was a water input...

Let me try your suggestion and I'll get back with the results.
 
Yeah it’s super common for people to miss it. Hopefully it came with the plug. If not fashion something to block it.

8802820F-C720-46AC-9712-758E303B1989.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new