Bubble Magus Doser NOT dosing the correct amount??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gwitness
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gwitness

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
969
Reaction score
75
Location
birmingham
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought this doser and I am wondering why it will not dose the correct amount?? I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there is something wrong with the doser itself.....I have my calcium going through pump 1 and I have it set for 40ml a day and I have it dosing it ALL at one time....When I measure how much is being dosed, it is only 25ml??? Anyone have this happen before with this doser or have any idea how to fix this issue??
 
So I just split up the dose of 40ml to dose 4 times a day instead of all in one dose and now it's dosing the correct amount?? Is this doser supposed to be more accurate with smaller dosages?
 
BUMP... Anyone know how to fix this issue or had a similar issue?? or do I need to order new replacement heads from BRS?
 
With mine it's like 2 times a day I don't seem to have an option for 1. I may have an older model though
 
Oh okay....well either way something isn't working right because my pump 1 is off every time and so is my pump 2....pump 1 I have set for going on twice a day now and it should be dosing 20ml per time and only doing 10ml ....I have no idea how to fix it or do I buy a new pump head or what?
 
Haha No I don't think so! I have no idea how to even do that! The directions that it came with didn't tell me to do that.....what do I have to do?
 
Read the directions. It has to be in there. You should be able to dose much more then 1-2 times a day. You want stable water params. I own a kamoer doser. My kh is dosed 24 times in a 24 hour period!
 
Well that's not my issue...I know I can dose more than twice a day...I can change all of that....my issue is that it is not dosing what I have it set for....for example I have it dosing twice a day right now 60 ml....so that should dose 30 ml each time and it's only dosing 20 every time....
 
More then likely yes. Probably why they sold it. I googled it. No calibration adjustment. That's bad........
 
Lol honest....cause I just ordered the replacement heads from brs and I'll cancel the order if they won't make a difference
 
Doses is one area where it is NOT smart to save money. One malfunction can nuke a tank. Spend real money on a quality unit.

Litermeter3 from spectrapure were my choice before I switched to calcium reactors. Ghl is another very reliable brand. But, Magnus, jabeo, etc are not worth the money saved in my opinion.
 
Okay thanks for the Input....I guess i can't resell it or anything so that sucks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new