Bubble Magus Dosing Pump Question??

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The amount of mag may explain why your level is so high currently. Seems like way too much unless you have a bryopsis (algae) problem...

OP
OP
toyencounters

toyencounters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No algae problem! As soon as the lights come on I will test my water and post the complete readings it should be in about 2 hours!

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just implying that people elevate their magnesium to +1500 to get rid of that pest microaglae.

Lytehouse

just havin' fun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've gotten some good information.
I agree with testing change water paramaters to match to tank water. If you don't you will have wide flucuations.
If you match paramaters you should be able to keep things stable.
If mag and alk are drifting up, I'd drop the ml by 2 or 3 (on your smaller system) and test the next day until you get it evened out.
How many ml you drop or raise depends on the size of your water capacity and how many calc/mag sucking corals you have.

OP
OP
toyencounters

toyencounters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I tested my water using Salifert test kits which I hate at times! Calcium 460,Magnesium the syringe ran out of reagent at 1500 so its probably much higher,Dkh 9.3,Salt 1025,Ph 8.4 I just want to thank you all for trying to help what can I do???? I have a beautiful purple montipora cap about 4 inches in diameter,1 acro about 4 inches in diameter,1 acro about 2.5 inches in diameter,Small worm tube wiith a few small muushrooms on it,1 Scolly,11 small to medium size chalices.

Lytehouse

just havin' fun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't alk and Cal supposed to be the same?

the same thing..... Nope

Dosing daily 18ml of Calcium,18ml of Magnesium,17ml Alk!

You are ok. Nothing in these numbers will hurt corals.
I think I would back the mag down 3 or 4 ml and test in 2 days.
Continue to do this until you have the desired numbers.
That and matching your change water for calc/mag should help you a bunch.

blurry

View Badges
Reaction score
Jordan NY (in-between Rochester and Syracuse)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep it simple.

if you know how much you were dosing to start with set that amount * .8 (80%). if you don't go for 10ml. CA and KH should be the same

with a small amount like 10 ml set the # of dosing times to 1, 2 or 4 , not a 24

measure the kh every day at about the same time (preferably not within an hour or so of dosing.

figure out how much you need to add using the calculator on BRS. manually add that amount.

do this for a few days before upping your doser.

keep adjusting.

it will take a bit. once you get it check every week and adjust.

If I notice trends of lowering KH over the course of a month i go to the BRS calculator, figure out how much I need to add to adjust it back and divide by the number of days over which the drop happened.

you should also manually set the time a few times to just before when it doses and collect the dosing in a measuring vial to make sure you are getting what you expect. Mine are slightly off (3%, so I adjust accordingly)

if you are using bulk 2 part go with rec 2, you can dose more with less PH impact.

BRS recomended ratio for recipe 1&2 is: 20oz Magnesium:1 gallon Calcium:1 gallon Alkalinity

OP
OP
toyencounters

toyencounters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use rec 2 and did start with a low dosage of 8 ml things were good for a short time until my calcium started to drop heavy and my alk dropped also. I did increased slowly but took a lot more ml to get it up then thing were good for some time and about a month or so everything went out of control!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back