Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just the bubble magus updated body, same rock pump, like homer said though, the curve 5 elite is better for $50 more. It is a much better branded pump

OP
OP
SuperNarwhal46

SuperNarwhal46

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I just looked at the elite line and it says that the water level has to be 9.5"-11". I have my baffles in my sump at 8", so I don't know if that will work well or not.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i see that too now, oddly high level to run for that size skimmer. I would ask to see if others using the skimmer actually like operating at that depth

Gellisjr1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Bubble Magus Extreme on my 58 gallon water volume system. I absolutely love it. It works very well for me. It started pulling lite skimmate right away. After it fully broke in it pulls our some nasty skimmate. Keep the extra $50 in your pocket or go buy a coral frag with it.. The pump this is supplied with is fine. If something ever were to happen to this pump you have piece of mind knowing the Sicce pump is a direct replacement and can be upgraded if needed. I have a some what shallow sump as well. I did know about the operating depth until I was reading the instructions installing it. I run mine at 8 inches water depth and it works great. I adjusted the air bubble height in the neck until it produced the skimmate I was looking for. I have also modified my skimmer with a 3D printed adaptor plate that slips between the collection cup & lid. It's printed in red and matches perfectly. This so I could add a recirculating CO2 scrubber to help raise my Ph. If this is something you would be interested in I purchased it from Travis at www.fishofhex.com Buy the skimmer you will not be disappointed.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back