Bubble magus wont stop overflowing

Jjd531

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I just picked up a brand new bubble magus curve 5 elite skimmer for my 20T sump. Since starting it up it will not stop overflowing no matter what setting I turn the dial to. The skimmer is sitting at about 9.5 inches, but I lowered its depth from 11 because it kept making overflowing and I thought the water might just be too high so I'm really at a loss as to why this thing won't stop overflowing? Is it defective? Its only been running about an hour but I've never had this issue with a skimmer overflowing unless it needed to be raised higher but im within recommended height which should be right. The tank is 65 gallons along with 20T sump. I attached a video as well.

Attachments

• 20210811_121253.mp4
    55.5 MB

madlos123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have the bubble magus curve 7.
I recently set up my skimmer.
I never have any break in period in my skimmer.

What you can do is you lower the water level as low as you can 8 - 6 inch and set the dial MAX.

If that doesnt work there might be some chemicals on the water that your skimmer is trying to remove. So when the skimmer collection cup fills up, just dump it out to your sink and replace that amount with saltwater.

If you dont have time to do that you can just let it overflow back but it can be an endless cycle since that chemical thats making your skimmer overflow is never removed unless you do a water change or degrades overtime

See what works for you.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back