Bubble receding slowly, and at receding fully at night

BSej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Over time my bubble coral has been receding more and more. At night I can only see the white skeleton and nothing else. It doesn't look bad during the day, can't really tell anything is wrong with it.

Calcium - 430
Alk - 10.4
Phosphate - .2-.5
Nitrates ~ 20 (strip test)
Salinity - 35.5
pH - 8.15

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity seems high for me. Other then that parameters look good. I'd say flow or lighting. Google what it likes for flow and light. Try to give what it likes and hopefully it thrives for you.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think there's a strip test that is accurate for saltwater and salinity is a tad high. My first coarse of action would be to get my test results double checked by someone else.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bubble coral is in a corner getting pretty high light but gentle flow, just enough so the bubbles kind of jiggle a bit. It's grown from 3 small heads to almost soccer ball size.
Coral can be so darn finicky at times. I added a green bubble a couple of years ago and place it next to the other bubble but not close enough for stinging. The old bubble just kept thriving and the new green did well for a month then poof gone in few days. It's very frustrating. Wish I had some helpful input.

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures? How long have you had it?
My bubble coral is in a corner getting pretty high light but gentle flow, just enough so the bubbles kind of jiggle a bit. It's grown from 3 small heads to almost soccer ball size.
Coral can be so darn finicky at times. I added a green bubble a couple of years ago and place it next to the other bubble but not close enough for stinging. The old bubble just kept thriving and the new green did well for a month then poof gone in few days. It's very frustrating. Wish I had some helpful input.
Mine does well in gentle flow as well

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures? How long have you had it?

Mine does well in gentle flow as well
Lights just came on a little while ago. It will be close to double this size in a few hours. Ive had it a little over 7 years now. I've only been reefing for 8 so it's my oldest coral. I'm setting up a new tank to replace the 180g the bubble is in and am getting nervous about disturbing it to bring it over to the new tank.
PXL_20240222_160047658.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back