bubble tip and capsaicin

  • Thread starter Thread starter demasoni
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

demasoni

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2026
Messages
29
Reaction score
57
Location
Spring Lake
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm an idiot. I fed my fish after making dinner last night and even though I thoroughly washed my hands, apparently I still had pepper oil on my fingers for chopping up an anaheim pepper. Shortly after I fed them, my bubble tip anemone completely receded into the rock into a quarter sized lump from it's normal 4-5" across. It's the only thing I can figure out that was different - my other parameters were stable - 9.0 alk, 8.4 ph, 370 calcium, 1400 mag. Low or zero amonia, no2 and no3.
Good news though, by noon today it looks like the picture below....

PXL_20260402_175330017.MP.jpg
 
I do have to laugh at my maroon clown (named five) who was picking/grabbing the tentacles to groom/help it along as it opened up
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new