Bubble Tip Anemone deflates multiple times throughout the day

  • Thread starter Thread starter KVYA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KVYA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
844
Reaction score
223
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a BTA a month ago. It’s been doing pretty well and I’ve fed it a couple times since then. However, it’s been doing this since i got it. Where it will deflate fully and look like it’s dying but be fine an hour later. The only thing i can think of is that the lighting might be too bright as the store i got it from had it under dim lighting. Thing is, I acclimated the lighting for 2 weeks. Going from 30% up to 100% on my Kessil a360we.
 
Should be fine. Mine goes from small to large all the time. Anything bothering it? Shrimp, Fish etc. ?
 
I have a green BTA doing the same thing only mine has been hiding under a rock since I got him (2 weeks). I also purchased a Sherman Rose BTA and that one looks amazing everyday right in the center of my tank.

the green one shrivels up to the point of looking dead with its mouth open and then the next day is fine??? I’m hoping it will eventually move out to the open!
 
Multiple times a day is not common IME. I've lost some wild BTAs, and in retrospect, I would have treated them with antibiotics.

But let's see what others have to say about it as I have more experience with carpet Anemones
 
If you've had it for over a month, that should be enough time for it to have acclimated to your tank -- including lighting and water parameters.

Do you feed your tank a lot? Is it possible that your BTA is catching food as it flows by? If so, the deflation could be normal behavior. My BTAs deflate to expel waste, then quickly inflate again.

That said, having it deflate multiple times a day doesn't feel right. Are you able to share photos?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new