BUBBLE TIP ANEMONE DYING?!?

abrown305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I’ve had this Bubble Tip Anemone for around 3-4 months now and haven’t had any problems, it’s doubled in size, but this past week it has slowly gotten to this point, it’s never done this before and just wondered if anyone knows why?!?

2DC95013-AD06-4BCB-928D-65C5E37E348E.jpeg

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is odd forsure, can you post parameters? We won’t be of much help without some background info

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dammm. I've seen mine turn inside out but not that much....
Have it moved spots at all recently? Have any other nems in the tank?

OP
OP
A

abrown305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dammm. I've seen mine turn inside out but not that much....
Have it moved spots at all recently? Have any other nems in the tank?
Yeah it’s so weird, it moved like 2 inches in the first week but hasn’t loved since! And no not had any other anemones in there!

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it’s so weird, it moved like 2 inches in the first week but hasn’t loved since! And no not had any other anemones in there!
Where are your parameters sitting now? And what test kits do you use? Please don't say API test kits lol

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I’ve had this Bubble Tip Anemone for around 3-4 months now and haven’t had any problems, it’s doubled in size, but this past week it has slowly gotten to this point, it’s never done this before and just wondered if anyone knows why?!?

2DC95013-AD06-4BCB-928D-65C5E37E348E.jpeg
I would do a little research and see what's wrong .it's hard to tell from pic but to me it appears to be a bacterial infection ( cipro is the secret sauce when it comes to nem health

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks to me like it is completely being overtaken by cyano and algae... It may have something to do with that. The ones in my fuge don't do as well as I constantly need to clean algae and crap that gets around them or they get bothered. Try cleaning the tank up a bit, also your nitrates must be fairly high with that kind of algae growth.
They don't mind a little nitrate but too much will bother them.

OP
OP
A

abrown305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh okay thanks everyone for the help! I have an old test kit and it says my tank is perfect but clearly that can’t be right so I’ll get it checked tomorrow! Yeah over the past few weeks the algae has gone crazy and all of my rocks are covered in hair algae! I started to notice the crazy algae growth after starting to use reef roofs once a week so I thought it was just that! Does anyone recommend anything to help with getting rid of hair algae and cyano?

OP
OP
A

abrown305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do a little research and see what's wrong .it's hard to tell from pic but to me it appears to be a bacterial infection ( cipro is the secret sauce when it comes to nem health
How would I know if it’s a bacterial infection? Sort the parameters out and then if it hasn’t improved treat then?

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Dolphins18. What test kits are you using?

Some test kits like API and a few others are okay but not as accurate as higher end test kits like La motte, Sea Chem, Red Sea, hanna etc... If you got a low nitrate or phosphate reading it's probably because the algae is taking up most of the NO3 and PO4 in the water column.

What kind of clean up crew do you have?

good test kits, gravel vac with weekly 10-15% water changes, hand removal of as much algae as you can pull , aggressive carbon/resin filtration, good skimming (if you use skimmer) and restricted feedings are a good start.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back