Bubble Tip Anemone Goes under rock ever time

ReefJunkie28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently introduced a bubble tip anemone to my tank. All my parameters seem fine but it keeps going under a rock. I did some research after the first time it did this and someone said to move it (yesterday) I moved it back out from under the rock it was hanging upside down on and put it back on top, only to wake up this morning and find it going to hang upside down again. What should I be doing at this point? I don’t want it to die.

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do not interfere with it lol worse thing u can do...... let it do its thing its just getting use to your light, water, tank mates. it will eventually move and settle. But bubbles will always be on the move mine settles for a week or two then moves else where. Just what they do.

CoralReefTalk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try changing the flow just a little and see if it moves from under the rock. They will move until they are happy.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It moved because it didn't like where you put it. Like others have said, it will keep moving. It likes it's foot under the rock - for now. It may decide it wants to move again.

Moving a nem can damage its foot and a very unhappy nem can melt and nuke your water. An unhappy nem can take a walk and sting your corals in its path.

Lessons I have learned over time trying to put nems and clowns in front view for my enjoyment.. So now I accept wherever it decides it wants to call home and work around that, even if it means the nems and my clowns will spend their time behind the rocks facing the back wall out of my sight. I never want to deal with an unhappy nem again. Not worth it.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReefJunkie28 what everyone else said! You can’t tell a new where to stay.

Mine goes on a walkabout everytime I change something. There was even a period of time that it moved to the back wall in a dark corner. It wasn’t getting light or food really and after a few days it dropped to the sand bed. I thought it might be sick but watched it carefully as it tried to regain its footing and find a new spot.

I didn’t help it or change anything in my tank. Since the nem was uncomfortable I hoped it would move around. Over the next ten days it was all over the tank but it now found a place that it seems to like.

Of course something is bound to happen and it will move again.

OP
OP
ReefJunkie28

ReefJunkie28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whole tank and the nem

12E8B295-6810-4AC1-A30F-B8F267DA472E.jpeg 4D8189AF-23A8-423D-9F11-02923C7A887B.jpeg

OP
OP
ReefJunkie28

ReefJunkie28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whole tank and the nem

12E8B295-6810-4AC1-A30F-B8F267DA472E.jpeg 4D8189AF-23A8-423D-9F11-02923C7A887B.jpeg
I know you can’t see the bubble tip well but it is upside down on the middle arch structure. it is an acid rain or acid wash bubble tip. super healthy when I got it, no spots on the foot, they had it in a glass bowl. so I’m sure it is a little po’d right now and trying to figure out what the heck’s going on. thanks everyone for the replies and the next responses I’m sure I will be receiving. it’s all helpful!

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back