Bubble Tip Anemone Help

marcopena279

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2020
Messages
58
Reaction score
22
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a 20 gallon bubble tip tank about 9 months ago, once cycled with rocks from my two year old system I added my anemones and began doing weekly water changes and feed 2-3 times a week. Everything was going well so I stopped testing water parameters (I know rookie mistake). As of the last couple of months though the anemones lost their color and shrunk so I began performing tests again. My nitrates and phosphates had bottomed out which I'm now trying to raise back to regular mixed reef levels. I was wondering if there was any ideal levels for my nems along with anything else I can do to help speed up their recovery?
 
I've had really good luck with the following:

PO4: .05 or lower
NO3: 20-40
Alk: 10-11
Salinity: 1.024

Assuming everything else is in good shape, this usually keeps BTAs healthy and growing for me.
 
I've had really good luck with the following:

PO4: .05 or lower
NO3: 20-40
Alk: 10-11
Salinity: 1.024

Assuming everything else is in good shape, this usually keeps BTAs healthy and growing for me.
Awesome thank you.
Do you feed them? If so how often and what do you feed?
 
Awesome thank you.
Do you feed them? If so how often and what do you feed?
I keep my nitrate in the range of 10. I also never directly feed them. 2 have turned into 7 with largest being 13" across.
 
nems are good indicators of bottomed nutrients. They will bounce back if it wasnt too long.

mines opening back up after a couple days of near zero
 
nems are good indicators of bottomed nutrients. They will bounce back if it wasnt too long.

mines opening back up after a couple days of near zero
Unfortunately I think they were low for a while. They got their color back already but I’m still trying to balance everything out
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new