Waterbox 35.2 AIO Build

marcopena279

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox 35.2//Marco’s Reef

Hey everyone, I’ve recently upgraded from my Biocube 32 which is on it’s way to recover to a Waterbox 35.2

Equipment list:
Lighting: Radion Gen 5 XR15 Blue
Return Pump: Sicce Syncra Silent 1.0
Flow: Ai Nero 3
Two little fishies reactor(Chaeto)
Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5(hooked to reactor)
Kamaor X1 PRO 2 Doser
Tunze 3155 and 5 gallon reservoir

Stock list:
Royal Gramma
6 line wrasse
Planning to add a diamond goby and two Bengaii cardinals

Here’s a pic from when I started the tank up

12/4/21

89BE93FA-D76B-439E-B6BB-4F43B423DE3A.JPG

OP
OP
marcopena279

marcopena279

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if anyone is thinking about making their own controller board. Do it! I’ll be honest it was a pain in the butt however with just a dj switch off Amazon, plywood, and some black spray paint I was able to put this thing together. Not only does it hide most of the cables but it just makes life so much easier to do maintenance and feedings.
Now I just need to reorganize the rest of the cabinet.

Attachments

• ADE10352-CFFB-43FA-921B-7486E76D89C7.jpeg
    ADE10352-CFFB-43FA-921B-7486E76D89C7.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 250

Blooish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if anyone is thinking about making their own controller board. Do it! I’ll be honest it was a pain in the butt however with just a dj switch off Amazon, plywood, and some black spray paint I was able to put this thing together. Not only does it hide most of the cables but it just makes life so much easier to do maintenance and feedings.
Now I just need to reorganize the rest of the cabinet.
Looks awesome dude!

diabolical_clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Marco - could you please take a picture of the Radion mount (where it attaches to the tank's back wall)? I have the same AIO 35 and considering switching my light to the XR15, but curious if the mount will fit. Thanks!

OP
OP
marcopena279

marcopena279

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Marco - could you please take a picture of the Radion mount (where it attaches to the tank's back wall)? I have the same AIO 35 and considering switching my light to the XR15, but curious if the mount will fit. Thanks!
It fits perfectly I didn’t have to make any adjustments to the mount or anything

Attachments

• AC8F3F6F-BEC3-4625-A9EE-14EDF5617041.jpeg
    AC8F3F6F-BEC3-4625-A9EE-14EDF5617041.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 6223D918-01C4-487C-A5CA-08AA07D57B96.jpeg
    6223D918-01C4-487C-A5CA-08AA07D57B96.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 156
OP
OP
marcopena279

marcopena279

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a minute since my last update but I’ve been struggling with the tank recently so I haven’t been the most motivated to post, but I’m back.
(little side note I just bought a massive green monti for really cheap)

So my nitrates and phosphates have been consistently testing at 0 which caused my grafted Monti cap to brown out, my candy cane deflated, and some zoas don’t fully open.

IMG_5040.jpg

I decided to decrease the photoperiod for my chaeto but I just started getting insane algae growth on the glass so I figured if alga was going to grow it might as well be the chaeto not algae.

For the last two weeks I’ve been dosing Red Seas Coral Nutrition which actually colored up one of my torches dramatically but it’s not enough so I’ll be buying some nitrates and phosphates to dose this weekend.
IMG_5041.jpg

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM 50 AIO where I have been struggling with the same thing. I carbon dose, but I don't even dose carbon and the tank is still at undetectable levels for nitrates and phosphates. I've started dosing Brightwells NeoPhos and NeoNitro to see if it makes an improvement.

OP
OP
marcopena279

marcopena279

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM 50 AIO where I have been struggling with the same thing. I carbon dose, but I don't even dose carbon and the tank is still at undetectable levels for nitrates and phosphates. I've started dosing Brightwells NeoPhos and NeoNitro to see if it makes an improvement.
Let make me know how it goes for you I'll definitely keep this thread updated on my progress.

diabolical_clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It fits perfectly I didn’t have to make any adjustments to the mount or anything
Thank you so much! Two other questions:

- Are you happy about the length of the arm (front to back)? Can you place the light in the center of the display or is it off center?
- Are you using one of the built-in lighting templates they supply? (AB+, etc)
- Do you plan to get a diffuser?

Last edited:
OP
OP
marcopena279

marcopena279

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! Two other questions:

- Are you happy about the length of the arm (front to back)? Can you place the light in the center of the display or is it off center?
- Are you using one of the built-in lighting templates they supply? (AB+, etc)
- Do you plan to get a diffuser?
Yeah I love the length of the light the mount comes with a long tail and short tail so u can adjust it to any position you want.

Im running the AB+ spectrum which is just everything at 100% but I turned down the red and green to 0 to prevent algea growth and I have the schedule running at 70% intensity.

I do have the diffuser on I forgot to list that but it barely effects intensity and removes the shimmer which is what I wanted.

diabolical_clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I love the length of the light the mount comes with a long tail and short tail so u can adjust it to any position you want.

Im running the AB+ spectrum which is just everything at 100% but I turned down the red and green to 0 to prevent algea growth and I have the schedule running at 70% intensity.

I do have the diffuser on I forgot to list that but it barely effects intensity and removes the shimmer which is what I wanted.
Thanks, makes a lot of sense. How did you arrive at the 70% intensity figure? (e.g., with a par meter?)

I'm strongly considering upgrading my AI Prime 16 to the Radion XR15. I'm currently running at pretty much the max wattage (high 40s watt), which supposedly isn't great for the health of the light. I don't have a par meter and I wonder how I'm going to decide on the Radion intensity since the Radion goes up to 100 watts. Does it display the wattage you are currently using? Perhaps I'll just dial it until the wattage matches.

OP
OP
marcopena279

marcopena279

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, makes a lot of sense. How did you arrive at the 70% intensity figure? (e.g., with a par meter?)

I'm strongly considering upgrading my AI Prime 16 to the Radion XR15. I'm currently running at pretty much the max wattage (high 40s watt), which supposedly isn't great for the health of the light. I don't have a par meter and I wonder how I'm going to decide on the Radion intensity since the Radion goes up to 100 watts. Does it display the wattage you are currently using? Perhaps I'll just dial it until the wattage matches.
If I'm being honest I got to 70% mainly just by observing the tank. I started out at 50% intensity which I think is good for most lps and softies but I really wanted to bring out bright colors in my torches and I was thinking about adding more sps so I just decided to slowly crank it up over time and happened to settle on 70%. I also watched some BRS videos on the radions which still left me guestimating but everything in my tank seems happy so I dont really want to mess with it. I cant log check the stats on my light right now since the app only lets you connect when you are in range of the light but I'm pretty sure it's using 56 watts, I'll check to confirm when I get home today. As far as matching the wattages I'm not sure if that's gonna work since puck arrangement and efficiency are different.

If money isn't an issue I would upgrade to the radion, it's got much more spread and power. An another option could be the ai hydra I've heard they're worthy competitors to the radion.

OP
OP
marcopena279

marcopena279

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out I lied I think I saw the watts on my ai and thought it was on Mobius but no Mobius doesn’t display wattage and I run my Radion at 60%

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.2%
Back