20171022_194205.jpg

Tigweldpro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, how did the Porcelain crab almost kill the RBTA
Bought the nem around 6" wide. it grew and split, then we got the crab and both nems started doing real bad and staying shrunk all the time. I then caught the crab with its whole claw inside the nem stealing his dinner right out of its guts. He threw 1 of his claws at me when I was trying to catch him and now hez in the sump with 1 arm.....

SpartaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought the nem around 6" wide. it grew and split, then we got the crab and both nems started doing real bad and staying shrunk all the time. I then caught the crab with its whole claw inside the nem stealing his dinner right out of its guts. He threw 1 of his claws at me when I was trying to catch him and now hez in the sump with 1 arm.....
Not sure how a filter feeder would steal food from a nem... since it wouldn't be able to ingest it.

Tigweldpro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how a filter feeder would steal food from a nem... since it wouldn't be able to ingest it.
I dont know what to tell you..... I watched the nem slowly get smaller and more deflated every day for a few months never suspecting the crab. The crab grabs mysis when i feed the tank so i think they do more than filter. After seeing the crab with his whole claw inside the nem and pulling brown half digested food out of it i knew the crab was the issue. The crab has been in the sump for a few weeks now and the nem is looking better everyday.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow took a long time to read this whole thread. This ones been going awhile!
Now I've seen hundreds of sunbursts flametips and lemon drops! Where they all at? Come on peeps share your high end nems!! Lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back