OP
OP
Double J

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opened the bag doesn't smell any different than what a fish would. Water is cloudy and kind of dirty. Nem looks bleached and stringy.

OP
OP
Double J

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acclimated it and put it what I think is a spot it will like, seems to have attached to the rock, so I put the wave maker back on and covered with a net. Time will tell, good thing I have my kids activities to go to tonight so I don't just stare at it.
IMG_1474662786.536160.jpg
IMG_1474662806.543795.jpg

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you did anything other than immediately put it in your tank for acclimation, i would say its a goner.

OP
OP
Double J

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I floated it and then added water a couple times to a container, making sure to get some oxygen mixed in the water. Here's a picture of it at the moment
IMG_1474663357.273202.jpg

OP
OP
Double J

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fed it and it seems to be getting better. Will attach a new picture. It's still sticky, just had to pull a hermit away that got too close.
IMG_1474669536.882646.jpg
that's from above
IMG_1474669558.910309.jpg
this one is from the front

OP
OP
Double J

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1474836206.159368.jpg

Here it is now, still hiding under the rock. Fed it a little bit today.

OP
OP
Double J

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the nem is on the move this morning, Is it normal for them to take the shortest route possible? ei. through the rocks not around? it has its foot attached to the rock outside of the cave and looks like it is starting to pull itself through a small hole in the rock. good news is it is going for more light at least.

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are going to do whatever they want too :confused:
When my lil' one goes for a walk, he goes through all the crevices ... lazy maybe! ;)

OP
OP
Double J

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are going to do whatever they want too :confused:
When my lil' one goes for a walk, he goes through all the crevices ... lazy maybe! ;)
good to hear! i figured it would be fine, if they can be sucked into a powerhead they should be ok going through crevices in the rock.

OP
OP
Double J

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so it hasnt moved yet, just attached its foot way outside of the cave its in. I fed it again last night, as it wasnt looking great, it ate well and then ballooned up a bit. Should I be concerned about the amount of light it is getting? There is only a small spot where it is getting light through a gap between rocks, or will it move if it wants/needs more?

OP
OP
Double J

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not be feeding it for a while. Just let it get used to your tank.
ok, is that so it will look for light? It just looked so sad and stringy i thought maybe it needed some energy. Ill leave it alone for a few days and see what it does

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, is that so it will look for light? It just looked so sad and stringy i thought maybe it needed some energy. Ill leave it alone for a few days and see what it does
Its more to not cause it any stress. I would give it a couple of weeks to get situated and be sure to keep your parameters very stable. I know then when I add nems they usually go thru some phases of looking pretty bad and then good and then bad and then they stay good. FWIW, I never directly feed mine and they grow well and look snazzy.

OP
OP
Double J

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its more to not cause it any stress. I would give it a couple of weeks to get situated and be sure to keep your parameters very stable. I know then when I add nems they usually go thru some phases of looking pretty bad and then good and then bad and then they stay good. FWIW, I never directly feed mine and they grow well and look snazzy.
good to know, ill keep an eye on it, and not panic too much now. i hope it comes out soon, getting tired of having to use the flashlight on my phone to see it, haha

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks rough but I've dealt with a lot worse. feeding/eating takes energy, it's stressed out right now so feeding would not be recommended for a week or so. as already stated, they go where they want when they want. don't mess with it. it's hard not to want to move them because they can get worse and die without enough light.

OP
OP
Double J

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came down to check on the nem about a half hour ago, watched it move about 4 inches. He is slowly making his way out of the cave!
IMG_1475024079.648551.jpg

OP
OP
Double J

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It tried to get through that gap for a while then the lights ramped down, it turned and was attached to the rock above it, hanging upside down. Then gave up and retreated back to the cave, not as far in though, it should get some light today, hoping it moves, it looked like it was going for where I had first placed it!

OP
OP
Double J

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been a little while and the nem decided to hang out under the rock for awhile and has now begun to move up between 2 rocks. Problem is that is ran into the large rock above those and is in the process of moving 2 directions. Part is going to the back and part to the front of the top rock. I pointed my powerhead toward the backside the best I could to convince it to go one way. Is there anything I can do? The tentacles are under the rock in almost no light and the part going different directions is the foot

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking a lot better on Tuesday.
I would just let him be as long as he isn't wondering near the powerhead, need to give him a chance to settle.
I have 2 really small ones and they move all over for whatever reason.
Trying to prevent them from going somewhere is just added stress on them.

OP
OP
Double J

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it normal for an anemone to leave gooey stringy stuff behind after it moves? Also has a little bit where it is attached. Otherwise it looks pretty good I think.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 48 40.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 61 50.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back