Bubble Tip Anemone

BRENDA TRUITT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to join this forum since I have watched my bubble tip anemone shrink to almost nothing over the past year. Tried feeding him separately (holding cup over him to keep his clownfish from stealing the food), which helped for a while. His tentacles started growing long again, but, after a couple months I noticed him shrinking again. I think its the silversides. It would be easier if he didn't hide under a rock most of the time. By the time I realized he was shrinking (turned rock over) it was probably too late.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r!!!

Sorry to hear about your nem. Years ago I fed silversides but to many people are experiencing problems with the nems eating them. Tell us about your tank, lights and water parameters. Pics would also be nice.

I usually feed mine once a month, small peice of shrimp about the size of their mouth.

#Welcometor2r

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
E9EHO5l.gif

What lighting do you have the nem under? Anemones are photosynthetic so if provided with proper lighting, while you can, you shouldn't have to feed them to sustain them.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

My bet is that the lighting is the issue. What lighting do you have, and on what size tank?

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 - good lighting is the key to a healthy nem. I don't directly feed my rbta and it's almost 5 yrs. old and has split 4 times.

Welcome to R2R. You'll find that the forum is as addicting as the hobby. So much valuable info. I've learned so much from the mistakes of others! :p

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back