Bubble tip doesn't grow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Valkyrie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Valkyrie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2014
Messages
440
Reaction score
441
Location
Washington State
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the strangest little bubble tip anemone I've had. 4 out of 5 of my anemones have grown. I have a RBT that has quadrupled in size since September '16. He had a condy roommate that committed suicide a few months ago when it attached itself to the heater. The condy was originally about the size of golf ball when I brought it home in September '16, when she died she was monstrous! I was seriously considering finding her another home because she was killing corals.

The long tentacled anemone in my 55g I've had for almost two months has at least doubled in size. Another BT in my 20g that I've had for about 3 weeks is doing well, no notable growth but is healthy and thriving. I bought this one too soon and I've been checking my parameters and doing any necessary water changes so that it doesn't get deadly in there. It's almost reached a balanced cycle.

This little itty-bitty BT has been in the same tank as the long tentacle on the opposite end. The BT has been in there since January and it's still about the size of a quarter!! What the heck? The mouth is tight and the color looks good, but she keeps her tentacles close and snugged in. If I try to direct feed her then it's as if she gets mad almost immediately and moves out of reach. She's been in the same spot now for almost 2 months. She does move around but it's in a pretty tight 2" square space. I've tried to get a pic but there's algae on the glass and she's so close to the glass that I'm afraid I'll hurt her. Why is everyone thriving and happy in this aquarium including fish, coral and the other anemone, but she says the same size and doesn't loosen up those tentacles a bit? o_O
 
A picture would help on a lot. BTA are kind of strange
 
Tried to get one, not the best. But it might be enough to tell what is wrong so I can fix it.
IMG_2739.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new