Bubble Tip help

adam finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a Bubble Tip Saturday from my lfs and he moved around a lot on the first day. Yesterday he decided to finally find a spot to stay at but it’s at the absolute bottom in a cave hard to get to. Should I be concerned? There’s no way I’ll be able to move him because all the other corals attached to the rocks he is under.

314E15E7-CB65-4DF6-9A44-75ACCFAB55BC.jpeg

7AB8A78B-377E-428B-B016-D83CF60898A1.jpeg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys can be hit or miss. I usually have no problems, but I will get one that just seems to want to be doomed. Let it be. If it wants light or food, it will eventually come out. one recommendation I do have is that if you can get food to it, do this a couple times a week. Krill or large mysis or similar (depending on size). Broadcast feeding of reef roids (similar) is good too. Especially with the lps you have in there.

Good vibes going to your nem.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They pretty much decide where they end up and often times it is not where you would like them to be! The bottom line is it may not be done moving.

OP
OP
adam finley

adam finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well he was sitting on the ledge for most of the day Sunday.Then he decided to move down a couple inches further into literally one of the few spots I hoped he wouldn’t go. I could definitely try to feed him. He seems good other then his location. I hope he moves so I can see and enjoy him.

Dolphin424

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had plenty experience with unlucky nem placement. If they are in a spot I can't stand for awhile I try to change the flow a little or when I was dealing with algae I turned my lights off for a day and it began to move again.

Good luck! Hope it finds its way to a more visually pleasing spot!

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know about removal but I had a similar situation last week. I paid $300 for a nem and of course he kept wanting to move to the back of my rocks where I couldn't see or feed. I ended up placing him in a crevice and turning my powerheads off for 30 min and ramped slowly back on to normal after a couple days. Luckily he attached where I set him and he hasn't moved since

OP
OP
adam finley

adam finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See that’s a great spot that’s kinda what I was hoping to achieve. I didn’t turn the powerheads off which could have been part of my problem. The lfs he came from had their powerheads on “hurricane mode” so I figured he would be fine with my powerheads. Well hopefully he will relocate to a new spot so I can at least see him fingers crossed.

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that holding an ice cube to the foot will make them detach but turning off the powerheads will probably help in the future and slowly ramp them up to their normal settings

Sharkbate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As he’s new and trying to get acclimated I wouldn’t be trying to encouraging him to move this will just add more stress and Nems do don’t do stress very well.... the thing with a new nem is he looks at your tank layout and says ooh I would look perfect in that prime viewing spot in that lovely rock all to myself.... and then says screw that im going to hide for a while and then move in between all those lovely corals and get them to move home ;-)
Gotta love nems , your looks healthy ... leave him be and he’ll get settled somewhere ... if they don’t like the spot they move .. end of .... good luck , I would give him a small feed as said by others . I keep loads of nems and give them tiny bits of raw shrimp. Mushed up about once a month If that . Good lighting and some flow will keep them happy.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back