View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank (Bio Cube 32) is two months old, I have total of four Anenome’s
Two rainbow BT
Green Bubble Tip
Condy

Green BT having issue I think. When I originally got him about a month ago, he was green now when you look at it he looks pale. Does anyone know what might be causing this. He is lightly green now and transparent. First picture is him when I got him and second how it looks now. Rest of the Anenome’s are just doing fine and healthy.
Please let me know any tips or tricks to help him. If he is dying what do could I do to help him ?

IMG_7963.jpeg IMG_8089.jpeg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possible that it had color from the tank that it was in that it has lost in your tank. I would look to lights first.

What light do you have it under? Do you know what light it came from?

I mostly have had CSBs, which are also bubble tips, and I find that they really like a lot of full-spectrum light if you want them to be dark and saturated with color. They can look good under heavy blue while viewing them.

The thing looks healthy and has nice size.

OP
OP
A

amdp9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possible that it had color from the tank that it was in that it has lost in your tank. I would look to lights first.

What light do you have it under? Do you know what light it came from?

I mostly have had CSBs, which are also bubble tips, and I find that they really like a lot of full-spectrum light if you want them to be dark and saturated with color. They can look good under heavy blue while viewing them.

The thing looks healthy and has nice size.
I got him from Petco, my light is modified by the previous owner of the tank. I got this tank used years ago and finally got courage to start salt water hobby. I am inexperienced in salt but have decades of experience on fresh. I posted a pic of the light. I want to upgrade light but heard the canopy needs to go which I don’t have problem but having hard time finding the transparent lid for it. I have also posted the rest of critters in the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_7922.jpeg
    IMG_7922.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7976.jpeg
    IMG_7976.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7982.jpeg
    IMG_7982.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7960.jpeg
    IMG_7960.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7948.jpeg
    IMG_7948.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7494.jpeg
    IMG_7494.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7939.jpeg
    IMG_7939.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 18

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is likely a wild or cultured anemone if you got it from PetCo - grown in the ocean in either case. It could have lost color, but this also might where it is going to stay when in captivity.

Is there any way that you can borrow a PAR meter from a local or local club? San Antonio and Austin have pretty big reef clubs. It would be nice to know how much output your lights have. BTAs don't need ***** light, but they do need more than most softies.

Richards Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank (Bio Cube 32) is two months old, I have total of four Anenome’s
Two rainbow BT
Green Bubble Tip
Condy

Green BT having issue I think. When I originally got him about a month ago, he was green now when you look at it he looks pale. Does anyone know what might be causing this. He is lightly green now and transparent. First picture is him when I got him and second how it looks now. Rest of the Anenome’s are just doing fine and healthy.
Please let me know any tips or tricks to help him. If he is dying what do could I do to help him ?

IMG_7963.jpeg IMG_8089.jpeg
Mine is doing the same have you figured it out ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back