Bubble tip stressed

  • Thread starter Thread starter dmh41532
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dmh41532

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2015
Messages
505
Reaction score
188
Location
Naples, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the weekend we went out of town, and had a neighbor take care of our tanks. Well, she didn't add water for evaporation ...at all. The water levels were dangerously low in the sumps which had the specific gravity very high, I slowly got it back to normal but the anemone doesn't look good at all. When I got home it almost looked like it was 'melting'. Now it's detaching from the rock and it's in a ball. Can't get a good picture, it's hiding in a crevice. Is it dying or just very stressed?
 
How are your other parameters? Salinity probably did it, keep a close eye on it, if it just starts floating around you need to remove it.
 
All other parameters are stable. How will I know if it dies?
 
All other parameters are stable. How will I know if it dies?

If you see the anemone start to invert itself and start to smell (one of the worst smells) you'll know it's On it's way out. Just remove it from the tank and smell it.
 
I'll keep an eye on it, as of this morning, it's shriveled deep in a crevice, it appears to be attached.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new