Bubble tip tentacles branching?

wlittlefield

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
69
What state or country do you live in
Rhode Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I'm a long time reader but posting for the first time. I couldn't find anything about this online so I've been forced out of hidding...

At anyrate, I've had this anemone in my tank for just under six months and he's(?) always seemed healthy.

Paramaters:
dKH: 8
Ca: 448
Ph: 8.3
Na: 1025
Phosphate: 9ppb

This morning I noticed that some of the tenticals are branching. Any ideas? Ever seen this before? Should I be worried?

 
I have seen it on most Nems I have owned and can see it in a lot of pictures people post even if they haven't noticed it or pointed it out. I don't think it is anything unnatural as I see it on Nems in wild videos as well. I don't think or at least haven't come across a study of why, but I've always looked at it kind of like the some BTAs bubble others string and it's different in every tank as to why.

Welcome out of hiding by the way :P
 
Great,

Glad to hear I'm not growing mutant anemone! Thanks for taking a look.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new