Bubbles from drain pipe

meermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
I have Aquaview 65 tank and the overflow box isn't sealed completely - it has a lot of holes on the bottom as well on the top.
Original drain pipe is too noisy, I've replaced it with 32mm pipe and Maggie Muffler for reducing the sound. It didn't help me at all.
The problem is: I use Jebao DCP 2500 pump and also have adjustment valve, when I reduce the performance of the return pump to 40-45%, initially water level is increasing and there is no noice. But then in about 1-2 hours somehow performance of the pump is down, so I hear a kind of gurgling sounds and also there are a lot of bubbles in the sump.
I thought that just Maggie Muffler is enough to silent the overflow, but in my case it doesn't work.

Any thoughts how to deal with that?

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where mine goes into the sump, I put “T’s” in with riser tubes. I put a loose cap, non-cemented, on the riser tubes, and drilled increasingly larger holes in the caps, till I quieted everything down.

7B63DF3C-0B96-4368-AAF7-8AE2983AAEF8.jpeg

OP
OP
M

meermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where mine goes into the sump, I put “T’s” in with riser tubes. I put a loose cap, non-cemented, on the riser tubes, and drilled increasingly larger holes in the caps, till I quieted everything down.
Are there any splashes from the holes?
I'm intend to use the stuff with a fleece roller, not sure if it will work due to some kind of back pressure.
Anyway, I have enough PVC parts and could try.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No splashes, I made the risers as high as I could, without interfering with anything. I did Chamfer the holes, inside and out, to prevent an eventual salt clogging. I use a lab wash down bottle, in the vent holes, when I wash down the salt creep in my sump. My splashing and gurgling was coming from my sump.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back