Bubbles in calcium reactor

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having issues with calcium reactor so many bubbles in the reactor, what can I do, I turn off the co2 1 day already still same issue. I will from the day one I had the same issue, please see the video

Thank you

Be sure the CO2 gas and recirculation pump on your reactor are turned off. ... Allow the reactor to run for a few hours without injecting any CO2. This will help remove any air bubbles and allow the calcium reactor media to become saturated with saltwater to force out trapped air.

Attachments

• 20210821_174655.mp4
    48.9 MB

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you escaped all fo the gas and they come back with the co2 turned off, then they could be getting in through your feed pump - make sure that it is not in an area where micro sump bubbles are happening. You also could have a leak - these suck and can be hard to find, but you have to just go through one by one and check and double check the fittings and stuff.

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good thought, my reactor is pulling right after my skimmer... need to find a non-micro bubble section. Going through the kamoer may cavitate and pull the highly dissolved gasses out, seeming like it's an excess of CO2 or air leak.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my feed pump on bottom of a deep sump, on the opposite side from filter sock. Never had issues even at a bubble a second

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back