Bubbles in return

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My return pump spews out bubbles after my last few water changes. I imagine there's an air bubble in the overflow return. Any way to get rid of it without taking the pipes apart or just waiting?

It also didn't used to do that. What am I doing wrong in my water change to get a bubble stuck?

OP
OP
pseudorand

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean the return in the display. It could be sucking in air, maybe you are not filling to the correct level after a water change.
I have an overflow, so there's only one level it can be at.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine will dump bubbles in the DT when I turn the pump back on after a water change.
The water level in the return chamber goes a bit lower on start up and air gets into the return pump, then, as water stabilizes, it goes away.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an overflow, so there's only one level it can be at.

the return is moveable right? If it’s been knocked and sitting higher that could allow air in...I guess it’s not that or I wouldn’t have to have explained what I was meaning lol

OP
OP
pseudorand

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the return is moveable right? If it’s been knocked and sitting higher that could allow air in...I guess it’s not that or I wouldn’t have to have explained what I was meaning lol
Now I get you. It's submerged at least an inch, but that's how I'm sure air got in during the water change. Why it only started happening the last few water changes is a mystery through.

Back