Bubbles On Favia

IntuMarine1G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what could be causing these bubbles on my Favia? They only happen at feeding time.

20200701_202922.jpg

OP
OP
IntuMarine1G

IntuMarine1G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture withouth the bubble. There seems to be some sort of tear/wound. Maybe a parasite of somekind?

20200702_124039.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like maybe some sort of tissue recession or damage opened up a little spot for algae to grow. Unless its some sort of infection?

OP
OP
IntuMarine1G

IntuMarine1G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you dip it

Yeah I dipped it before adding it. Do you think it would be worth dipping again?

The reason I didnt think anything of it initially is because it was the same colour as the inner ring I thought it may have been forming a new head. Now I think its something that shouldnt be there...

Bill_Moorman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a hole in the flesh to the skeleton, and algae has started to grow. I would take a soft bristle tooth brush and carefully scrape away the algae and put a dab of super glue over the area to prevent regrow this of the algae. Eventually the flesh may grow over the super glue.

I had this happen to an acan and it worked for me!

OP
OP
IntuMarine1G

IntuMarine1G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a hole in the flesh to the skeleton, and algae has started to grow. I would take a soft bristle tooth brush and carefully scrape away the algae and put a dab of super glue over the area to prevent regrow this of the algae. Eventually the flesh may grow over the super glue.

Thanks man I will give that a try! I assume the glue wont harm the coral in any way?

OP
OP
IntuMarine1G

IntuMarine1G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So I took your advice and cleaned it out and glued shut. Coral seems to be ok. Time will tell. Thanks again.

20200703_171329.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back