Budget LEDs for new 125 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nickh517
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nickh517

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
85
Reaction score
20
Location
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am upgrading from a 30g to a new 125 gallon and looking for some LEDs for the canopy that aren't going to cost me 1000 bucks. wanting to be able to have softies, mushrooms, and polyps. Any advice ? looked at USA orbit marine but not comfortable pulling the trigger yet
 
I got a couple 48 in trueluman less off eBay for $150. I also have some t5 and they are doing great. I have food growth on all my coral. I have a mixed reef softies, lps and some sps. I really like the lights.
 
They have a dinner. I don't throw it they sell anything that allows you to program the light. I use a timer to turn them on. They are DC and have a standard 24 v plug so you may be able to find something like that.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new