Budman's 600g build

What pipe size runs to the DT from the main pump? How many elbows? How many T's? How long is the run? What is the pump output? I'm curious as I am in the middle of my build which is two 140's attached to a common sump. Thanks.
 
Frag tank pics. Same water as display

20170117_200641-01.jpeg
20170117_200841-01.jpeg
20170117_143536-01.jpeg
20170117_200727-01.jpeg
 
What pipe size runs to the DT from the main pump? How many elbows? How many T's? How long is the run? What is the pump output? I'm curious as I am in the middle of my build which is two 140's attached to a common sump. Thanks.
I run everything off a reeflo pump which is q.5 lines the teed off to tanks pump output is like 4800 I believe and runs in both directions bout 10 feet each way. But not up any but to rhetoric tank maybe 2 foot
 
Got it. Thanks. I went with 2" but my runs are much longer.
Yeah I don't have that far and splitting tomatoes 170 60 and a 210 and chiller and gfo reactor I'm pushing the limit. I'm sure
 
Yeah I don't have that far and splitting tomatoes 170 60 and a 210 and chiller and gfo reactor I'm pushing the limit. I'm sure
It's amazing how much thru put is lost at T's and elbows. Over the past few years, I've plumbed in a solar hot water system and large swim tank and in the process learned (the hard way) just how much those joins cost in flow. It's a pain but the best way to turn a corner is with 2 45's.
 
You gunna update this thing or what man!?!?! I wanna see this tank now haha
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new