Bugs on torch coral skeleton

eastgill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Is anyone able to identify these brown spots on the base of my torch coral? I’ve been dealing with receding flesh on all my torches and I thought it was a phosphate problem (hence the heinous amount of hair algae) but I’ve got that down to a manageable level and the flesh on torches is still receded. I get great extension from them but the flesh is definitely at an unhealthy level. I’m wondering if these little bugs (snails?) are to blame? And if so, how do I go about getting rid of them. Thanks for any responses!!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    29.7 MB

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what bug you're talking about? I see some filter feeding worms (meandering tubes) and snails (spiral tubes) which I would consider beneficial. The algae is far mnore of an issue IMO. Tissue recession could also be an water quality or lighting issue.

OP
OP
E

eastgill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what bug you're talking about? I see some filter feeding worms (meandering tubes) and snails (spiral tubes) which I would consider beneficial. The algae is far mnore of an issue IMO. Tissue recession could also be an water quality or lighting issue.
These are the bugs I’m referring to. Will hair algae irritate them to the point of flesh recession? I’ve been trying to get a grip on it but for the life of me I can’t get rid of it.

Attachments

• 516E89EF-C386-41B8-B771-AE9B208604F9.jpeg
    516E89EF-C386-41B8-B771-AE9B208604F9.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 34

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back