Build is progressing.... slowly

reefbuilt1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've started my 180 build with a bartop around the front. Bartop has a live edge all the way around and dove tail inlays which have taken some time.
I've got most of my plumbing figured out, glued and has been running with tap water in it for about 5 days now with no leaks.
I've got a drain in the bottom if the tank for water changes, also plumbed to run my pump through it if it ever gets clogged, valved appropriately.
Plumbing is taking a little longer than expected, just got gutters on the house and I'm experimenting with 3 55 gallon drum water catch for the rain water. Running a pump from these barrels through my RO system, in theory it should work right? lol. Biggest problem was the pump running from outside in my barrels into the shed where my RO barrel is located. First you need atleast 45psi for the RO system to work properly, started researching pumps.. I think I got a little impatient and started making mistakes like...
Pump #1 supplied 45 psi but when it got to the house it was ran by DC power/ low voltage didnt want to deal with converting so I put on the shelf for camper back up.
Pump #2 bought at Lowes and plugged it in, very loud and still didn't supply enough pressure.
Pump #3 comes in on Thurs lol
Not to mention all of the out puts have been different between hose fitting and barbed ends.
Rain water might not be worth it lol
On a side note I ran my tap water through my system and them best ppm reached was 7 and only had about 25psi, keeping my fingers crossed hopefully it will get better with the new pressure.

I attached some new photos, still working on it though!!

20200807_175202.jpg 20200802_172309.jpg 20200802_171917.jpg 20200817_190511.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 78.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back