Build Thread 30 gallon to start, 90-150 in future

Nothing great or exciting to mention on my thread update other than I have added a net top and removed the old glass top. And looks like I'm going to have to get that new tank soon, my back left seam appears to be slowly separating! This is one of the reasons I asked recently about Glass cages, Innovative Marine, and waterbox options. My continued goal is to get something 120 gallons to 150 gallon range for the tank.
 

Attachments

  • 20241016_102243.jpg
    20241016_102243.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 20241016_102259.jpg
    20241016_102259.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 70
Getting very close to pulling the trigger on my next build. Welcoming any feedback, suggestions or questions. I will be moving about 35 pounds of live rock from my current system and may preseed a Here are the initial specs/buildout I'm looking to go with:

Build
Innovative Marine Ext 150 - says ships in 72 hours?!
-Includes Tank, stand, pipes and return pump
Starting with 2 Kessil a360xe Tuna. with wifi dongles
Live rock from LFS, may get some dry to build a specific aquascape
Syncra 2500 pump
140lbs-160lbs of Caribsea Fiji Pink Arag-alive
200 Gallon Coral Pro salt mix RedSea
New BRS 7 Stage RODI to replace my current cheap online one, 150 gallon
1 MP40 powerhead
1 MP10 powerhead
2 scuba aquarium heaters

Add ons after it cycles or when I can "afford" more:
Slight chance I go with the EXT 170
May get a third Kessil a360xe once tank is cycled and I start putting in corals
Protein skimmer (debating on brand/size and if I really will need it)
1 MP40 powerhead
1 MP10 powerhead
Reefmat 1200
chaeto for the refugium
Pods
 
Last edited:
The Ext 170 only adds $390 total, I'm just debating if I want to test my floors with the additional tank and water weight.
Can always add supports in the basement
 
Can always add supports in the basement
It's a crawl space, and I had a contractor/friend say that the placement I was doing should be able to easily support 2500 pounds with no problem... I have seen others in our neighborhood with large tanks and they have them running along a single joist lol.
 
Finally found an affordable light that I feel like I can trust! After buying a kessil knockoff from Aliexpress that was complete crap, then 2 Smatfarm 95 watt sunrise sunset moonlight lights, I got the Nicrew HyperReef 150 Gen 2 150 that my buddy suggested. MAN this light is way better than the others! I got the controller as I really want to be able to have an app or something and the controller is great. It takes a few iterations to learn but once I dialed it in, it is PERFECT. My whole family loves the new look from the cheap bar I had across the tank. Here is the one I got (I think it is a referral link so search on amazon for Nicrew hypereef if you want --
Light: https://amzn.to/49T2usD

Controller: https://amzn.to/41PjDBj

It is definitely overkill for my 30 gallon but my intent is to get 1 or 2 more and daisy chain them on a larger tank upgrade. This has made it a completely new hobby for me... looks amazing in the room and was so easy to set up.
 

Attachments

  • fishy111.jpg
    fishy111.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 31

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new