Build thread: ELOS 160XL Diamond line

Very nice so far. Following...
 
We worked on the setup all day yesterday...continuing the plumbing, adding a recirc tank, plumbing the water tanks, installing/hanging the RODI unit, etc.

Skimmer, Cal reactor, and recirc tank all plumbed:

05481634525424-vi.jpg




60 gal cube recirc:

01481634521011-vi.jpg




Water tanks 90% plumbed:

57481634517009-vi.jpg
 
Looking good, nice to see some progress!
What does the "recirc tank" do?
 
Looking good, nice to see some progress!
What does the "recirc tank" do?
Its a recirculating tank. Basically it holds 60 gallons of water that flows through the system (no salad, no lights, no animals). When it comes time for a water change I take it offline (valve off), drain it, refill it with fresh salt water, and bring it back online (valve on).
 
O M G this is the best thread I have seen in a long time regarding a full build. Absolutely amazing work so far. Following for sure!
 
Its a recirculating tank. Basically it holds 60 gallons of water that flows through the system (no salad, no lights, no animals). When it comes time for a water change I take it offline (valve off), drain it, refill it with fresh salt water, and bring it back online (valve on).
Ah so it's basically for water changes, no disturbance to the display tank. Nice!
 
O M G this is the best thread I have seen in a long time regarding a full build. Absolutely amazing work so far. Following for sure!

Thanks!

I've made some changes to my ELOS order....not upgrading to a custom ABSOLUTE line stand with custom finish. It should (hopefully) be here in about three weeks.
 
Thanks!

I've made some changes to my ELOS order....not upgrading to a custom ABSOLUTE line stand with custom finish. It should (hopefully) be here in about three weeks.
I briefly considered that stand but OMG the price. lol Nice looking though! That's for sure.
So what did you decide to do? Or would you like to keep it under wraps for now? ;)
 
What an awesome build!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new