Build thread - finally started

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is 4 bristleworms something to be worried about??????
Nah, not at all. Good guys, eat detritus.

but if you have a lot of extra food going uneaten, the population will explode. It’ll self regulate, but having a bunch of starving worms in their isnt great

just check the tank with a red light about 2 hours after lights out. You’ll see them on the sand and rocks looking for food. It’ll give you a good idea how many you have

I have one that about 6” long and as thick as my pinky. Disgusting, and creepy. I might try trapping him one day, maybe

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update:
A powercut occurred at 3 in the morning and the next day I came down to my firefish upside down on the sandbed.The Ammonia had skyrocketed to 30.:mad:
My clownfish pair held up.
Sorry to here that! You should look into getting a UPS for your flow pump. BRS have a couple of good videos on these..

OP
OP
Poseidon's snail

Poseidon's snail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey !
Heres an update - Cyano is officially gone after a 2 month blackout - now the lights are back on.
We have Aiptasia and got a peppermint shrimp (mr mento) - he's consuming the aiptasia like mad :)

Coral soon!
Here are some pics

IMG-0338 (1).JPG IMG-0338.JPG IMG-0339.JPG IMG-0340.JPG IMG-0341.JPG

OP
OP
Poseidon's snail

Poseidon's snail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some items in the post....
also we're gonna start stocking with coral very soon.
8 months maturation time should be good for live sand and rock?
thanks

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think ive got some frogspawn that just appeared on my rock....
Photo?

I don’t think frogspawn will spontaneously grin from a rock? But hey- it’s 2020 and weirder things have happened. But I would love to see what your referring to

OP
OP
Poseidon's snail

Poseidon's snail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE TIME:
okay so I went ahead and bought an ai prime 16hd - I'm super hyped! - if anyone has suggestions for settings and schedule - I'm open!

also I've been making a load of rodi for alk,calcium and mag solutions.
Corals coming soon hopefully!
a snail

OP
OP
Poseidon's snail

Poseidon's snail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on whether I could possibly keep this fish - and if so what are its requirements.
The fish is a clown goby

thanks!

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its awesome :)
Tank is looking good. Clown goby is perfect for tank of this size. Keep overall biolod less. How frequently you are changing water. You don't need Ca/Mg/Alk supplement till you get sps. The coral you see is probably a mushroom. Keep light low in the beginning, acclimate slowly.
First year, dino, cyano is common. The New light should help. It has less algae/ non-coral friendly spectrum. Flow around the bottom will help with cyano/dino. Cyano thrives on detritous. Make sure sand bed is not detritous trap (since your bioload is low, this should not be a problem).
Chemiclean is a nuclear option for cyano. But long term remedy has to brought by proper nutrient balance/removal of the cause of cyano.
There are handful of goby, clown and only possum wrasse that I know will fit well in 15G tank. Six line will be too much in my opinion.
Whats your long term vision in terms of livestock?

JackerVenom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really did a 2 month blackout you didn’t solve any long term issues. Algae will most likely come back and several different kinds if I may add. They will fight for a balance especially since you got a more powerful light. Make sure to not blast your corals with that light! Clown goby is a great add for you tank. Nothing good comes fast so don’t rush to fixes you have to understand the causes and fix the causes first otherwise it’ll come back or cause other issues.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back