Build thread

AcanSweeper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2017
Messages
113
Reaction score
76
Location
Tampa Bay
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my newish 29 gallon. Wanted as little hardware as possible since it's a smaller system. Went with heater, aquatic life 115 skimmer, 230 XF maxspect gyre, and mars aqua 165w dimmable led light. Might add hob media reactor for GFO and carbon.

Going to keep fish stock to a max of about 3 fish. Want to get lots of color in there and hoping for awesome coral growth(going for mixed reef).

All suggestions welcome since this is my long awaited return to the hobby.
20180808_182523.jpeg
20180516_221837.jpeg
 
Looks good so far. My suggestion is make sure to stay on top of algae. It can go crazy fast out of control in smaller tanks. However, I do find it easier to deal with too. You can take it all out, scrub down and refill if too bad!

I see the favias? and zoas. Good start. Add slowly, have fun.
 
Looks good so far. My suggestion is make sure to stay on top of algae. It can go crazy fast out of control in smaller tanks. However, I do find it easier to deal with too. You can take it all out, scrub down and refill if too bad!

I see the favias? and zoas. Good start. Add slowly, have fun.
Thank you! I have a small patch of GHA that I've been ripping out and lowered the lights a bit. Everyone says be patient in this hobby and man is it the biggest struggle next to cost! I'm def going to wait until my zoas and favia are doing well and growing before I go adding anymore(as hard as it maybe).
 
Looks good! Welcome back to reefing!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new