Building a 1600 Gallon DEEP Bioshock aquarium!

OP
OP
Karlotious

Karlotious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great minds think alike jarhead. I built the theater next to the aquarium :)

theater2.JPG

Jarhead-CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its funny you say that I was definitely trying to figure out how to project the video into the tank but refraction and light pollution from the aquarium would probably make that impossible.
Well if you built a box that goes say 6 inches under the water and open at the top of the tank. (I would make it removable) the refraction wouldn't be as bad since the angle would be smaller and you wouldn't have to worry about surface agitation distorting the projection, at this point water clarity would be your biggest issue on effectiveness but with Crystal clear water and a good projector I think it would be fine since you can always adjust the color output of the projector in order to make it look natural at the point of projection.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Karlotious

Karlotious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bar is still a work in progress. Its been pretty easy to stick with the steampunk theme after exposing the boiler in the basement. I still have to pour the concrete countertop for it though hence the blue fabric

bar2.JPG

Jarhead-CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great minds think alike jarhead. I built the theater next to the aquarium :)

theater2.JPG
Hahaha nice I might have to take a motorcycle trip to Ohio to see this beast when it's done [emoji2] you are gonna have one bad butt room. Please tell me you got a bar in there too.

Jarhead-CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YOU DO HAVE A BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man you gotta let me have a beer and see this when it's done.

Gary G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MAN you got a killer concept one of my all time Fav games. who are you going to use to print up your images. if my printer was not down Id give you a great deal just cause it cool. following.

OP
OP
Karlotious

Karlotious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive sourced a few local print shops for the task. I have to make sure the picture is as HD and realistic as possible before i hand them the cash though haha This week i'm finishing up with the green marine paint then the decorating and plumbing can begin :)

OP
OP
Karlotious

Karlotious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first one seemed to have the best storyline in my opinion. I wish they'd make another one in Rapture.

OP
OP
Karlotious

Karlotious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry ive been hooking up my hot tub and building a pallet bar in my back yard. Too many projects haha I painted the tank with the green marine paint though so Ill take some pics later today of that. At this point im in decorator mode so im on the lookout for a 4 x 8 piece of 4" foam to make the fake bulkhead and getting the bioshock photo blown up and laminated.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back