• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bulk Reef Supply Issues

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

2Flash1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully I have this in the right spot.

Venting:

Has anyone lately having any issue with BRS? Seems like every order coming to my house lately has had issues. From bottles broken to AFR exploded in the box…

Just recently bottle exploded…so they sent new one that just arrived today. Just walked in the door to be excited to use something I never tried…well that one is exploded to. They toss In 2-3 little bubble saver things and call it a day. I swear they have no brains.

Had another issue with a Titanium heater that still hasn’t gotten resolved.

I have had ZERO issues with Saltwater Aquarium.

IMG_6128.jpeg

RWhitt907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully I have this in the right spot.

Venting:

Has anyone lately having any issue with BRS? Seems like every order coming to my house lately has had issues. From bottles broken to AFR exploded in the box…

Just recently bottle exploded…so they sent new one that just arrived today. Just walked in the door to be excited to use something I never tried…well that one is exploded to. They toss In 2-3 little bubble saver things and call it a day. I swear they have no brains.

Had another issue with a Titanium heater that still hasn’t gotten resolved.

IMG_6128.jpeg
Kind of surprising to see this. I order from them all the time and have never had an issue.

FinalPhaze987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I've had bags of salt busted open and bottles leak, BRS has always been great about making things right. Their customer service has been great in my own experiences.

Reach out to them and give them the opportunity to do the same. Shipping companies can give less of a crap about what it is they're delivering, unfortunately we associate their irresponsible actions with the seller most of the time.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I order from BRS frequently and rarely have an issue.
Any I've had has always been taken care of very fast.

Phone calls directly to the company always seemed like the fastest way to resolve an issue.

LandLockedJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They must be pulling the bubble packs out of your stuff and sticking them in mine. Cause mine come with like 30 in a box that size haha.

Seriously though, i have had a bottle of ruby reef bust on the way here. But it was the middle of the summer in Texas so I didn’t really blame them. And they replaced it. Do you live on a mountain or something?

JM302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a few minor shipping issues recently- which may or may not have been the fault of BRS. However, I will give them credit that the problem is usually resolved as soon as I make the phone call, no questions asked. It took me a good 3 TM Hydrometers before I got one that wasn't broken in the box.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second what everyone else is saying. Give them a call and let them know about your view on the packing quality, too. They should have procedures in place for proper packaging and if it appears inadequate then something could be getting missed OR they need the data back to say their procedures are not sufficient and need updating.

I switch between them and Saltwater Aquarium based on pricing and stock levels, but the only issues I've had from either company are when my buckets of salt come in cracked since the UPS/FedEx groups drop those heavya** boxes from dock to dock

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you already know how to resolve this issue going forward ;)
While I've not had any problem with BRS I like to buy from premium aquatics. I get stuff in 1-2 days from them and they are small enough that they don't charge out of state sales tax (yet). I also use saltwater aquarium and aquacave with great results. I use BRS but only if I can't get the item elsewhere.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear about the issues in some of these recent shipments. I'd be happy to find a solution here to help you and will send a DM to get some information so I can find your orders and help get a resolution on these things for you.

OP
OP
2Flash1

2Flash1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply Thanks. Taylor got me all taken care of.
Third time is the charm. I’d suggest you guys wrap glass things with a small bubble wrap or something? Those huge bubble savers don’t do anything for something small.
I’m sure it will be broken again.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that Taylor was able to help you out. We are always looking at ways to improve our shipping, so I have forwarded photos of the damages to shipping so we can put this under review for possible future changes.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back