Bulk reef supply universal CO2 scrubber question

Bruce7267ad

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
235
Reaction score
69
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got the CO2 scrubber from bulk reef supply and the instructions that I found on the web for it are a little shady to say the least can anyone on here help me understand how this thing works and why when I hooked it up to where my silencer would hook up on my pump that goes to my skimmer nothing happens in the skimmer stops working not a single bubble is going up it. it's like a block is keeping it from working somewhere in the line.
 
put the line in your mouth and try to pull air through the reactor. if you can't pull air through easily, there is either an obstruction in the line, manifold (top of reactor) or the media is too fine or packed to tightly.

i use both BRS and Jorvet lime and find the Jorvet to be more coarse and less restrictive. I also dont pack my reator to the top so that the sponge doesn't pack it tight.
 
put the line in your mouth and try to pull air through the reactor. if you can't pull air through easily, there is either an obstruction in the line, manifold (top of reactor) or the media is too fine or packed to tightly.

i use both BRS and Jorvet lime and find the Jorvet to be more coarse and less restrictive. I also dont pack my reator to the top so that the sponge doesn't pack it tight.
Ok I'll try this. I packed mine to the top like they said to and push down Abit on the sponge. What's the order if sponges btw the instructions where kinda blah on that side of things.
 
Can I use a powerhead in the system?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new