OP
OP
enlighten

enlighten

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where specifically is the union leaking? From between the 2 union pieces or between the union and PVC?
Between the two unions, drip was coming from the connection. I tightened a little more each time I saw it until I saw no more drip. Over night status is no water in the bucket. Perhaps it finally sealed!!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between the two unions, drip was coming from the connection. I tightened a little more each time I saw it until I saw no more drip. Over night status is no water in the bucket. Perhaps it finally sealed!!
This can happen if the two halves don't line up exactly... Glad it seems to be ok now.

OP
OP
enlighten

enlighten

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This can happen if the two halves don't line up exactly... Glad it seems to be ok now.
The spot where it is rubs against the 2x4 on the ridges of the union, so it makes it really difficult to tighten and loosen. If a leak comes from this area, I am considering just putting in a straight pipe or using a male thread on the elbow side and female on the part that connects to the bulkhead. If I line it up right, it should still make it removeable, so that the bulkhead is accessible for repair or replacement. I figure I need to invest in a lot of bulkheads though, and not plan like this anymore XD I just don't like waste LOL.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When two parts that seal at a oring leak... the best solution is rarely brute force. You'll ruin the oring.

Check the oring for any damage. Lube the oring very lightly with silicone grease and reassemble. If it still leaks re-align the parts and/or replace the oring.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back