Bulkhead union?

RedEyeReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2022
Messages
303
Reaction score
295
Location
SWFL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Putting together a new tank. It uses 3/4" bulkhead fittings for the two returns.
My question is, is there a fitting that will act like a street 90 that will thread to the same the threads the bulkhead uses to tighten to the tank? I really don't want to glue in a fitting. I would think if I ever needed to take the bulkhead out, wouldn't I want to be able to separate the 90 from the bulkhead fitting? How would you get the bulkhead lockring around and off the 90? Or do most just make that a permanent part of the tank and just use a union after the street 90?
Maybe I'm searching in the wrong places or asking for the wrong thing. Or maybe what I'm asking for I don't even need?

Thanks in advance for any help!
 
If anyone makes a 90° bulkhead fitting it's going to be a custom specialty item and likely will cost a pretty penny or a thousand. FWIW I always use bulkheads with pipe threads not slip joints so plumbing can be redone WHEN needed.
 
If anyone makes a 90° bulkhead fitting it's going to be a custom specialty item and likely will cost a pretty penny or a thousand. FWIW I always use bulkheads with pipe threads not slip joints so plumbing can be redone WHEN needed.
I didn't even think of threaded bulkheads on the returns lol. Just going to use a nipple into the bulkhead to a threaded 90* to keep it as tight to the back of the display as possible. Already ordered, thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new