Bulkheads and how to make them stop leaking????

Use silicone to seal it on the outside thread.
 
I had a small but persistent leak in the bulkhead on my sump, I took it off, placed a bead of silicone around the hole and replaced bulkhead. Problem solved.
Is it reef safe silicone? What brand if that matters? I bought one from Home Depot but Im not comfortable using it yet.
 
Is it reef safe silicone? What brand if that matters? I bought one from Home Depot but Im not comfortable using it yet.
Don't use the home depot one, toxins will seep in to your tank and crash it for sure. I had it happen to me 10 years ago when people weren't sure. Some said they were safe and it went horrible. You can grab a small reef safe silicone even at petco. I think Aqueon makes them.
 
Don't use the home depot one, toxins will seep in to your tank and crash it for sure. I had it happen to me 10 years ago when people weren't sure. Some said they were safe and it went horrible. You can grab a small reef safe silicone even at petco. I think Aqueon makes them.
Thank you so much for the confirmation
 
Is there a chance the hole in the glass is too big for the size of bulkhead your using? Also make sure to clean the glass before you put the bulkheads in there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new